Monday, July 13, 2009

So Much Life, So Little Blogging

Ok, so I know it has been a really, really long time since I have blogged. My life has been crazy. So here is the last 3 1/2 months in a nutshell (possibly a large nutshell).

In April some fabulous friends of mine opened a studio for artists with a gallery space. I was fortunate enough to get one of the amazing 7 studio spaces to work in (I have pictures and I know someday they really will get posted). Our studio is named Clay, Paper, Scissors. I also contributed a piece to the Art for the Cure benefit and it was selected for second place in the People's Choice Sculpture category. Yay!

In May we had our first show and I was the first to sell artwork out of the studio, I sold 3 pieces (also to be possibly posted in the future). In addition I was asked to paint a mask for a benefit in Laramie, WY and the hosting organization purchased it!

June was exciting! I taught a summer kids art camp and a silk painting workshop, I also spent some time with my sister in SoCal learning to use her super expensive, amazing camera. At the end of the month we learned the amazing art of Shifo (spinning paper into fibers which can be woven) and pulp painting (using paper pulp to make pictures). In addition to all this we took a grand stroll down memory lane and I really got to play with my sisters great camera.

So this brings us up to July; so I have produced work for the big Cheyenne Frontier Days show we are holding at the gallery, I have made work for a train show, I taught another silk class, I went to a fiber lace workshop and a hand building clay workshop, and on top of an already long run on sentence I have been trying to catch up on commissions.

Finally I have caught up (with the blogging, not everything else). I will endeavour to keep more on top of my blog; somehow time just gets away, I am hoping to catch up with it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment